I've been loving avocados this summer! I've enjoyed trying them in more ways than ever, and they have really surprised me with how good they make a dish taste! This pasta dish is no exception!! I saw it and knew I had to make it right away. Bryan also loves avocados, so I knew he'd be up for it.
This avocado pasta was a completely new spin on the normal pasta dishes we tend to make. The creaminess of the avocado was an excellent base for the sauce and the basil flavor really complimented well. Even though the recipe is simple, leave it as it is. You won't be disappointed! I also topped our pasta with parmesan cheese and a fresh chopped tomato!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
You should also note that this dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce.
This looks delicious! I'm for sure going to try this, thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete